Wednesday, October 5, 2011


WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2011


Black and White and Red All over--You've Come a long way Baby   October 5, 2011


Often we wonder what will be remembered about us.  Will our family wonder what was important to us? So I decided to give a little help to those who might be curious.  As I love to make mini books,  I made one with the highlights of what shaped me--what influenced me, my experiences, homes, schools, and family, and what inspired me, my church and friends. Most of my work is in color, but to stretch my artistic boundaries, I decided to make this book in black and white, with just a few red highlights.  I hope you enjoy this vignette of me.


The papers were from Jo-Ann's, and the border embellishments were from KC Company  




Behind the shutters is a picture of four generations of hands from those of my littlest great-granddaughter to mine.  



So from a log ranch house in the mountains of Wyoming to the suburbs of Phoenix, by way of Denver, and France; from a shy country girl to a successful business woman with a circle of family and friends I have come a long way.


2 comments:

  1. Great job... it's so important to tell your story! Love the album!
    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping in to say HI!! I also want to thank you for your kind comments!!

    PS: I pretty much feel the same way you do about the dentist? You'd think after dealing with Fibro and so much worse, that the dentist would be easy...NOPE!! I dread it more than ever and will be VERY happy when I'm back home tomorrow and the darn filling is fixed!!

    Thanks for caring!!
    Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment